Monday, January 21, 2019

Did You See This?!

 Sunset last night gave a glimpse of the rosy moon to come!
 The third try on the colorwork mittens had to be ripped out again!
Oh, yeah, it's pretty but it just fit over my hand and it is for a man-it's a no-go!
Upon closer inspection, the pattern I had chosen was for DK yarn not fingering!
 Yup, painful but necessary frogging took place.
After a lot of knitting  on a new pattern and a compromise on the design colors,
it is working out to be easily knit because of its wonderful symmetry!
And the cold night gave me a clear view of the blood moon!  
In the same colors as my mitten!
(the stars don't show in the photo taken with my cell phone but I know they are there
giving me the perfect palette match!)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful mittens-even the frogged one.
    I didn't see the moon. It was in the teens and so windy I thought the house might blow away. We go from one extreme to the other these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cloudy to see the Wolf Moon here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see the moon last night, but it was gorgeous before sunrise this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the ONLY one I know who caught such a clear and wonderful view! Mittens are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the redo, but it's going to be a great mitten pair. We watched the start, but didn't stay up for the blood red moon. Too late!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn’t it a beautiful sight?! The mittens are nice — love that Nordic-ish look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...