Sunday, January 27, 2019

Orbital Dreams

 Two pillowcases for some aeronautic grandsons!
I purchased the fabric while visiting one of the shops during the hop.
 The accent fabric, the hem fabric and the body of the pillowcase are basted together first.
 Then I lay the fabric out and start to roll the main fabric up towards the hem fabric.
 When I am close to the seam, I bring the hem fabric up and over to the same seam 
and sandwich the rolled portion inside the tube!  
 Let the pinning begin!

Here's the rolled up sandwich ready for seaming--
This time on the serger.  
 Once serged, I reach inside and begin to turn it right sides out.
 Almost accomplished at this stage! 
Now it gets a good steam press from both sides.
All that's left now is to fold it in half and seam the end and one long side!
After turning it right side out, I give the whole thing a heavy press and fold it up--
so I can surprise two grandsons on Monday with this 'out of the world' pillowcase!
I had forgotten how much fun these are to make!

*standard pillowcases are 20x26" but I made these for a queen sized pillow (20x30") because the pillow won't sneak out with the extra length!

7 comments:

  1. I've always wondered how those fancy pillow cases were made. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom made pillowcases with the girls a while back - they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They will love these!! Our Guild makes those for donation, I need to grab some fabric and make some. After a Christmas of making quite a few I have gotten out of the habit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite way to make pillowcases - no exposed seams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah... very cool!!! I will have to try that! Thanks for sharing :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...