Thursday, January 31, 2019

Little Done and Lots to Do

 The owl blocks are all fused to their background blocks 
so next is a lot of stitching with invisible thread to cover all of those raw edges!
 The doll sweater still needs the button bands.  
I want to do it on the machine;  it is a new technique for me and I want to learn it!

I am now in week 4 of the ribbing class and I still have a two samples to do from last week!
I hate getting behind.
In every area of my life, I can't stand the pressure that builds when I am delinquent!
It is hard to grab a quick 5 minutes in this area like I can in quilting or piecing--I need time and room to think and these are in short supply for most days!
 I have these rows to sew together and two long strips of the background color to be sewn to the sides.  I also need to cut the coral strips for another border so I can then send this to the frame.
But even there, I am bogged down with this little bird wall hanging!

Sigh.

Time to roll up my sleeves and get to work/play in the studio!!!

7 comments:

  1. You have a lot of "irons in the fire," but all the projects are making progress. Love the owls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too an feeling bogged down. The house is still a wreck from the bedroom remodel, my back is killing me and I'm pretty sure I'm due for another headache. This cold weather is not helping either. I want to go to bed and pull the covers over my head and wake up in the spring but somehow I'll still get stuff done-if it kills me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those little owls WOW!!!!! I have the yarn...but Im stuck on what pattern. till then I'll finsih the baby socks Im making

    ReplyDelete
  4. First step, breathe, second step, prioritize, third step, drink?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel a full blown panic when I get behind. I hope you can getting the ribbing class all caught up. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, it looks like you've done a ton!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...