Thursday, January 24, 2019

Recycle or Upcycle?

 I wanted to join in on the sock KAL with Vera and Dee but I have no sock yarn in my stash!
Yes, lots of handspun which isn't practical for my warmer weather sock needs 
so I went to KnitPicks and picked out a yarn....
then I remembered the skein I liked looked familiar and sure enough, 
I  had knit a one skein shawl out of it a few years ago.
 But here's the thing, I never wear the shawl.
And I really like the yarn.
And I wear my socks almost every day of the year.
Yeah, it was obvious I was going to rip out the shawl and make socks instead!!!!
 I soaked it overnight.
I wound it on the yarn winder and hung it by the fire to dry.
I am now ready for the knit-a-long!
See me smile?!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I have a few things set aside for deconstruction and reuse. That's the wonderful thing about yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes perfect sense to reclaim yarn from an item that you rarely use. The colors in this yarn are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. Is that Koi Pond by any chance? I love that colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO SOCK YARN??? Is that even possible?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...