Friday, August 26, 2022

FUMBLING

 This is the third time I have knit to the ankle--I left so quickly, I didn't have my cardboard cheat sheet for when to begin the gusset/heel increases.  The first time I just guessed when to begin because I was on the plane and couldn't bend over to try it on.  The second time, I tried it on and began the stitch increases too soon again!  This time, I have a bit of leeway which is the usuall way I knit my socks...finally!

My sister has joined the land of the living again!  She has the job of gaining her strength again but is well on her way to recovery.  

Today, Mom and I are off to the pulmonologist---into the city--- which is my least favorite place to drive.  It has been 25 years since I have had to drive in that direction.  I'm looking forward to being home in several hours, might I say.  We had to go to her PCP yesterday and we managed the walker and the oxygen tank on its cart---it was an interesting dance! 

 I hope we have as much fun today!

3 comments:

  1. Third time's a charm for your sock! Good luck with the trip into the city...hope the driving is not bad and hope your Mom's appointment goes well. Good to know your sister has turned the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naughty sock! After all you've been through I am impressed you have your wits about you enough to get that far. Those days of taking dad in his wheelchair to his many, many appointments is still etched in my soul. The up side is that you find out how many nice people are out there. So many went above and beyond to help me, a stranger, maneuver him around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your sister is on the mend, and your Mom is making more improvement!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNSHINE!

The Heliopsis is in bloom again and has many buds ready to continue the beauty for most of the summer! But I had to reach quite high to get ...