Friday, August 19, 2022

FLOWERS AND FANCY FEET

These might look like normal black-eyed Susans
 but this cluster of flowers stands 7' tall!  
Dad has serveral clumps of them throughout the yard!
His phlox are 3' tall and are just a beautiful riot of little blooms that join for very large flower heads.
And oh, does this rose smell just like a rose should--delicious!  The color is really this intense-I didn't alter it at all.
The hens and chicks cover a large 3' area-
they have been here for decades.

Dad has been resurrecting this begonia for years--he cuts it back, puts is in the basement and brings it out in the Spring and it grows--an amazing show of color in this large potted plant.
He loves these mini wave petunias 
and they just keep giving their flowers in this hanging plant!
After the thunderstorm last night, the air cooled and it felt delicious!  The strong wind knocked down the first of the Maple leaves which are just beginning to show some color.
And I did a bit of sock knitting-turned the heel and am ready to head up the leg!  Today, Mom has a procedure to get a sample of the problem spot in her lung to culture it so they can finally find the right combinatioin of medicine to eradicate the infection .
 

5 comments:

  1. Your Dad sure grows some beauties!! Hope they can figure out your Mom's issue quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a green thumb your dad has! Those are some spectacular blooms. Best wishes for your mom's procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sock and you know I love your Dad's gardens! Sending lots of good vibes for your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continued prayers for the entire family, I even prayed for your husband! He might be lonely, so I threw him in the mix. Hope the drs find the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some beautiful flowers. Your Dad definitely has a green thumb. Your sock is beautiful. I have also been praying for all of you. I hope they find the correct meds very soon for your Mom and also that your sister is on the mend from covid.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...