Friday, August 5, 2022

STEAMY MORNINGS

The nights usually cool down but not in August--it is near 100F every day and the nights aren't a lot cooler at the high 70's and it is humid round the clock.  I must admit, the view out of my bedroom window each morning is beautiful, though!
I'm not the only one that likes the sun shining on them in the morning--this is one of our older females, Sissy, who rarely is so bold to expose her stomach like this!  We enjoyed this rare sighting!
Lena and I headed into the studio so I could play with some fabric!  I wanted to cut out all of the pieces for the dragon quilt.
Someone determined to slow me down at every cut!  She lets me piece just fine but the cutting makes her whip her tail back and forth so that I had to keep moving away!
Even so, I managed to cut all of the pieces (120+) 
and sewed some of the units.
It did feel good to be in there again!  Today, I will be piecing more units and then loading and quilting one of the QOK on the frame!

 

5 comments:

  1. Non-southerners often gave me a hard time about starting school August 1st, but it makes so much sense down here…inside for school (and air conditioning!) during the steamiest month and done in time to be outside in beautiful May!) It is strange this month, after fifteen years, to alter the pattern…) Fun to see the quilts for grandkids tradition continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very pretty view from your window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If kitty knew the damage that cutter could do on her tail she would be thinking twice about getting so near....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swishing tails and rotary cutters don’t mix well. Be careful, Lena! I purchased the Center of Attraction pattern and hope to cut the fabric today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that we've got your weather here right now. It's so humid, the minute I walk outside, my sunglasses fog up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...