Thursday, December 21, 2023

SHOPPING GOOD COMPANY!

Since I am enjoying making these hexagons so much, I needed to buy (so much for using up all of the old stuff!) some additional yarn for more and especially the cream colored yarn! 
We found the cream and several more good colors to add to this project bin!
I also bought enough fabric to make 6 more of the NICU incubator cover quilts.
And a few more crafts for this Christmas time intrigued me!
Look at this--new blossoms are opening on my orchid!  It is a thing of beauty each day!

(Mary and I had a wonderful day together yesterday.  We went shopping, had lunch at Applebee's, did some more shopping and ended with a dr appt which went well.  It was a perfect birthday!)
 

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a good time. Nice yarn and cute fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth....every project I start that is supposed to be a stash buster ends up growing the stash by leaps and bounds. Those advent sweaters were supposed to use up all my Palette, instead I now have another whole bin of the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute fabrics! I especially like the little truck. :-) I was just thinking last night. No more yarn until my stash goes down. Then I go and buy the requested color for Piper's sweater. I guess it's the yarn curse. There is never the right color or weight for a project, so you have to buy more. Sounds like you had a great day!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect day!!! Happy new YEAR to you. Hope it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun and truly sounds like a great day! Love the fabric and such a beautiful orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! The perfect way top celebrate! Can't wait to see what the other craft is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I just noticed that one of my orchids that is still in bloom, has a second bloom spike growing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...