Tuesday, December 19, 2023

STUDIO SUCCESSES!

I loaded the mini-Christmas quilt onto the frame and had it done in no time!  That was one benefit of it being small that I enjoyed!  I plopped it down on my sewing table to trim and this happened!  Lena had been stressed because there were maneuvers by fighter jets and she worries it is thunder!  I tried to tell her that it was sunny out (for a change!) and so it wasn't thunder but it didn't help!  This did....
A friend was cleaning out and sorting through bins of fabric and gave me a huge pile--several Christmas/winter prints and a huge portion for kid's quilts!  I couldn't wait to dig in.  This is all pieced and needs to be paired with a backing to go on the frame!
And it will as soon as I get this one done and off first! 
 I hope to be on a roll in the studio again! 
 I can manage to stay busy until 3-4 pm each day
and it's wonderful to feel me coming back to myself!
 

9 comments:

  1. Nice to hear you are feeling better. Lena is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Lena but at least she had something to cozy up to in her time of need. We have those jets do things over the bay from time to time so I know how loud they can be. So annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those jets can be pretty loud. We used to get them coming down the St. Johns past our place. Poor Lena. Glad she was able to snuggle down onto something comforting.

    The blue quilt is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are getting back to your old 100 mph self!! Love the comfy pile kitty is sleeping on, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear you're feeling better.

    Lena is so sweet. My cats aren't bothered by thunder - they barely even pay attention unless it's one of those big booms that shakes the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SO glad that you're feeling better. The Christmas quilt is wonderful and I'm so glad it helped Lena be comforted. The new fabric is beautiful. How generous of your friend.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better. Pretty quilts, and how fun to get all that fabric from your friend. Kitty looks comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you are feeling better and what lovely quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very exciting! Poor Lena…glad the quilt therapy helped her a little! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...