Saturday, December 9, 2023

STUDIO WORK

I made another NICU incubator quilt yesterday; 
 first I sew the flannel into a 'frame' for the top fabric.
Then I tuck the top piece of cotton into the 'frame'.
I use a ton of pins so that the fabric won't scoot--it's easier to handle a bit of gathering between two pins just 4" apart than trying to sew from corner to corner with all of the layers!  I used a decorative stitch to anchor the flannel in place.
The last step is to draw and stitch several seams
 to hold the layers together.
I finished the one-
but have these cut out and waiting for me!!!!
I also finished my daily 4 1/2" block!
 

3 comments:

  1. How generous to spend your time doing this. Daughter had a friend whose baby was in NICU for months. Sadly the little guy didn't make it. The generosity of folks were so important to the family at this difficult time so I know how much your work will be appreciated. Some people even stepped in and paid the hundreds of thousands of dollars that the family owed. It does take a village at a time like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such sweet little quilts. Do they go home with the baby or are they reused by the hospital? Bless you for making them.
    I really like todays quilt square. It's so simple and elegant.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I bet they will be really appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...