Sunday, December 24, 2023

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS

Proof I do know how to do some baking!   
Just one top was bound...
but I did attach all of the red around the gingerbread top
 and found fabric for the backing from the stash.
I loaded the snowflakes quilt on the frame and did start to quilt it.
I was ready for my recliner after all of the standing and to dig into this new adventure!  Have you seen this new release yet?  It is a continuous color changing yarn that makes a granny square with only the beginning and ending tails to work in!  
I will admit to a bit of trial and error in working the gauge to match the color change just right but it is easy enough to fudge a bit with the granny pattern to make it work out!  Each skein will make 14 squares so I bought several skeins for an afghan!  This will be a very relaxing project over the next few weeks!
Merry Christmas Eve!
 

4 comments:

  1. That yarn sure will make things easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are coming along so nicely. I saw that yarn on a YouTube video. She had several different color combinations and made them up ahead of time. then she crocheted one in the video. It looks amazing and almost like magic. It will be fun to see yours completed. Are you putting another border color on to join the squares?
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! Those cookies look so good. I haven't seen that yarn but it totally makes sense. I wonder what took them so long....lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...