Friday, December 29, 2023

YARN PLAY

I am enjoying the hat experiments;  this one has a single layer rib for the brim.  I increased a stitch in each of the stitches from the knitting machine (46 stitches) so the brim has 92 stitches. 
 I made several hats today.  
I also wanted to try the 'drop stitch' scarf on the knitting machine.  You knit 100 rows and when you remove the stitches from the machine, you only pick up every other loop from the needles.  Then you gather the rest and secure as usual.  Then you begin to pull the tube to make the unsecured stitches 'run'. 
This lengthened the tube from 24 to 50" long!
   
I did a light steam blocking and it is a soft and airy scarf
but still warm around my neck! 
 (I used some hand spun wool/silk blend yarn from the stash)
 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely scarves! Mom has a bunch of patterns like that for her circular sock machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlike hand knitting you are getting some instant gratification. That's how I feel about making soap. The possibilities are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took me a minute to wrap my head around the process, cool idea. Love the finished quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a neat looking hat and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're "going to town" with that knitting machine. I like the scarf too. It's so pretty. Did you already tell us what you're doing with all of the hats? If so I've forgotten. My memory stinks sometimes. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting! I can't imagine making several hats in one day!! What is the yarn that you used for the one on your blog? That's a fun scarf, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...