Tuesday, December 26, 2023

A CALM DAY

I had an idea when making some new hats on the knitting machine;  we don't need double layered hats here, (though we do need hats on occasion) so I just added some ribbing by hand after cranking 36-40 rounds which takes only minutes. 
 It worked beautifully and in no time, I had several hats made!
I had a very relaxing morning and afternoon and then it was time to head to friends for Christmas dinner.  
Yes, it is a new circular knitting machine. 
 I tend to make so many, I use up the cheaper ones!
  The bright yellow at the top of this hat is waste yarn which is  what I use to end the main yarn portion so the stitches are distinct for picking up onto my hand knitting stitches.

  It was a very pleasant day.
I wasn't the only one who enjoyed the calm of the day!
  The yard was filled with a flock of 20 turkeys! 
 They were in the field out back where Bill has cracked corn for the Sand Hill Cranes and he also provides the deer with corn here--the turkeys have discovered them both!
Oh, and they even made fast work of the cracked corn under the bird feeder!  We enjoyed their clucking and chipping in spite of their voracious appetites!  It's been quite a while since we saw this many turkeys here!
 

4 comments:

  1. Now I want a drumstick and I don't even eat meat....lol!
    I've recently discovered Tik Tok and was surprised to find people cranking out hats in real time on knitting machines. There is also a lady who spins and chats. Imagine that. Crafting in real time on social media. That's a place I'm not too comfortable with tbh. Give me a pre-recorded vlog any day. I don't like the feeling they are watching me too...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The turkeys got a lovely Christmas dinner instead of BEING Christmas dinner. It's nice that you give corn to the critters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a new twist on turkeys for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of the hats that you make on your knitting machines. I've never gotten the hang of it. I like your visitors for Christmas dinner. Feeding the turkeys instead of eating them! Great idea. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...