This blanket is so light and comfy! It is a DK yarn knit in #9 needles. The size ended up 38" x 50".
I think it looks like layers of rock!
I have started a new knitted blanket in the Lion Brand Mandala Bonus Bundle in the Satyrs colorway! I am enjoying the mitered squares all connected and without any ends to weave in! Lena loves this yarn--she steals the blanket and buries her head in the skein--she likes owning it and I try to be patient! lol
I also enjoyed watching this family of 5 Sandhill Cranes for almost half an hour. The 'Dad' is standing on guard on the left. I sure appreciate all of the birds that collect around the bird feeder
but these are the only ones who are almost tall enough to eat from this one while still standing on the ground!
(the males are 4-4 1/2 ft tall!)
Which reminded me of this photo I took in 2008--my young cat decided to 'hunt' these Cranes and they responded in kind! The female is trying to fly away and the male is coming to the rescue! He didn't actually hit Nyki but she got the message--
and never tried to stalk them again!
Yeah, crane-hunting lessons are usually learned quickly.
ReplyDeleteLena looks quite please with her position on the comfy squares! I love Sandhill Cranes!! They are so interesting and fun to watch, especially when they have their babies with them!! Have a happy week ahead!!
ReplyDeleteThat is a GREAT picture of Nykki. Glad it was a lesson "safely" learned.
ReplyDeleteYou got that blanket done in record time. It looks beautiful.
Poor kitty had to learn the hard way.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of that mitered square blanket using self striping yarn. Changing colors on the Hue Shift is a pain and I've got a zillion ends to deal with.