Wednesday, August 12, 2026

THE BEST LAID PLANS

Many years ago, Mom and I had plans to make a handkerchief quilt from the collection she has from her Mom and her Aunt. 
 We never made such a quilt 
but now I have received the box of hanky history!
So I will have to make some plans to get these from the realm of idea to reality!  So many of the lace edgings and embroidery is handmade from my Gram!  I have a book at home with plenty of inspiration which will help me make concrete plans.
 

8 comments:

  1. Fun times ahead - that will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a lovely box of history. I remember my Mom and Grandma always had a pretty hankie handy. It's too bad that we don't do that anymore.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore handkerchiefs --- what treasures you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your handkerchief quilt creation will be beautiful, I'm sure!! Please keep us posted because I can't wait to see it!! What a lovely keepsake it will be! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a treasure! i have one hanky my aunt had done tatting around...but they had many....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little pieces of art! I have such fond memories of pretty lace hankies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an exciting project. You will probably need to appliqué them onto fabric to preserve those beautiful edges.
    I look forward to seeing more and wish you lots of enjoyment with this new project.
    Warm regards, Viola. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that would be SO lovely! I can't wait to see what you do with those beautiful old hankies. That will certainly be a treasure!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

DIFFERENT PACES

The blanket is coming along nicely--this is folded in half;  the side on the bottom would be the width,  so I have at least another 4-6 inch...