Monday, August 10, 2026

YARN LOVING!

The buttons have been sewn on the little sweater;  I used buttons from my Mom's and her Mom's button box so I added the love of the past generations into this.  This pattern has no buttonholes knitted in because you use buttons that will fit between the stitches-this way, you can make a sweater and not worry about which way to button it up;  I like that kind of freedom!
I have also cast on the feminine version of the sweater--I started it but will save the rest to make on the air plane home next week-I have to plan ahead!
The knit blanket is taking longer but progress is occurring--see the colors changing finally!!!  Right now the blanket is 22" wide so about the halfway mark.  It is very relaxing to work on it, I am glad to admit!
 

10 comments:

  1. Nice progress! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly enjoy looking for buttons, though I inevitably buy more than I truly need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to add vintage buttons from loved ones!! I have a tin full of buttons from my mom and grandma, too. I do enjoy digging through them now and then. Your projects are always lovely. Keep us posted!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used buttons from my Mom's, Mom-in-law and my Grandma's button box. It always makes things extra special. I love the yarn for the baby girl sweater. So pretty.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable...i loved knitting little sweater outfits for my daughter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of using buttons from your mother's button box. That is really a treasure. How wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to consider the same idea. But I haven't even made my current grandkids any sweaters! Well, I did make one and a dress for Squish, but never made anything else for them but hats.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

THE PINCH OF TIME!

I had hoped to have this done and up for the front door area but I didn't make it.  I should be able to do it this week, though!  I real...