Monday, April 6, 2009

Anticipation........

Look who's back! They have been here for a week but I kept missing a pic! They are not the only guests returning to Florida...........by the end of week ,we are going to have a full house of the Minota clan! We have not all been in Florida since 1995! They were all children then-yes, even and 18 yr old is still a child, Marsel!

Anyway, we are cleaning and getting ready for everyone and it helps the time fly to keep busy! Continuing on the backyard beautification, I added 2 new slats to this bench and gave it a coat of paint. The wrought iron needs a coat, too, but I don't have what I need so it will have to wait.


I swept and mopped the south addition to make room for an overflow area of sleepers. In between the whirlwind of clean, I warped this and started weaving. It has a warp of acrylic/silk from my stash and the weft is the left over yarn from the socks I made for Marsel when she had her surgery. It is looking pretty good for pink!
Bill picked these for supper.

Look at this color combination...........it is an inspiration for this dyer/weaver/knitter/quilter! I enjoyed every mouthwatering mouthful! (If you like beet greens with the beets, be sure and add a clove or two of garlic-you won't taste it but it does a chemical thing and makes them the sweetest greens you have ever eaten!)

5 comments:

  1. Great picture of the hummingbird! ...and yes, I absolutely agree that 18 is still a child...even 21 (I would go further, but then my little brothers would grump at me) is still a babe in arms, in retrospect! :)

    Beets etc look wonderful!

    Can't wait to get us all in one place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an exciting, noisy time coming up!

    Thanks for the photo of the humming bird - we don't have them in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I would love to see a hummingbird, they are so tiny.

    Love how the weaving looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those beets are making me drool-we loved your swiss chard-no matter what your Mother says. I wish I could "beam" your Mom down to visit when everyone is there-I know she would love it. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures. Make sure you to take a few minutes to post pics while everyone is there.

    So who is going to stay in the 'south wing'?

    The beets look great, even though I don't care for beets.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...