Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Silken Bowl

I finished the January project; 
the sari silk 'yarn' bowl.
I ended up ripping out the knitted bowl 
and did the crocheted one instead.
Neither was very comfortable on the hands
but in the end, this one was just plain faster.
Also, the knitted one started brim to base and I preferred the base to brim of the crocheted version
so I knew when I ran out of yardage, I was done!
Here is a piece of the fabric ironed out flat measuring
about 2" wide.
The ball comes hand wound so the strips are already thin and more yarn-like.
The purpose of this yarn club is to give me a bit of variety and freshness-it's working!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely result! It's good to shake things up a bit and to try something new. I've knit with T-shirt "yarn" but never silk. A bonus, to the Darn Good Yarn club is that you're also helping with by upcycling the silk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Variety is a good thing. Especially in these dark, cold months. I love the bowl finish but would have trouble with my wrists etc. GOOD FOR YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty bowl, love the rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you're trying different patterns, yarns etc than you normally would gravitate towards with the yarn club. Fun and cute! Sorry this stuff was stiff on the hands. That is kind of a bummer,but the outcome looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The club is a great idea — and it's very nice to have two winners so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...