Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A Finished Vest!

 The vest is finished-buttons and all!  The buttons are wooden, dyed olive green with variations in color which makes them just right!
 I blocked it out all day-the skeins almost matched but they are close enough for me and I am not knitting another front for this vest! lol  (I had several false attempts for this pattern!)
And here it is modeled for you on the dress form and not on me because it was in the 80's today and so this vest is finished in time to go into the pile for next winter's wools! So, I am ahead, right?!

This was a kit I ordered from Mary Maxim, using their acrylic yarn, Prism DK, in the Autumn Mist colorway.  I did lengthen the body of the vest so it wasn't cropped and there was plenty of yarn for this alteration.  I would make this again using some of my own wool next time!

7 comments:

  1. Such pretty colors — I like how the pink and purple are safely sandwiched between your comfort-colors — a good way for you to wear those colors’

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! The buttons are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful with that t-shirt. I can see it with a jean shirt, or a turtleneck. Lots of uses. Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Great job on finally getting the fronts to work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! If that doesn't make you happy when it's cold out-nothing will!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog!

One Down and One to Go!

Seaming up the mitten wasn't as easy as I thought but slow and steady and all that... I think on the next mitten I will be tryi...