Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Mom's Little Quilt

 Mom received this little quilt kit for Christmas 
and we cut it out last month and now it is finished and hanging on her wall!
 I spent the day in town and the weather was in the 70's so it was delicious out!
In the background is the bridge we drive over every time we head to town, 
it spans the St Johns River.
 I loved the composition of this picture and will try to catch it in a painting some day!
Here is the coast along the river walk; 
 you can see the water is brackish because while it is an inland river,
 it empties into the ocean so the ocean tides affect the river and shares its saltiness!
  So much of the river walk is still under repairs from Hurricane Irma of Sept '17. 
 I had to dodge yellow tape, closed gates and partially dozed sidewalks to get here,
 but I'm so glad I did-it was a great walk.

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, yes, the dock photo would make a nice subject for a painting. Love the mini quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet quilt. I am missing my Daytona with this post. But I won't get back until March 9th, and only then as a layover before going on a cruise. Warm weather, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little quilt. Your walk looks very nice - love the dock picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Little quilt is a delight. Keep those water warm photos coming . We are in the heart of winter and daily snows here. Brrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that little quilt!! I may have to just knock that pattern off. I never thought about HSTs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little quilt! I'm going to have to do this whole quilt thing one day.

    Your walk looks beautiful. The weather has been unseasonably warm for us, but I do not feel like I'm enjoying it properly. A good walk, might just be what the dr. ordered :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a pretty little quilt.

    I envy your weather. We've got snow, snow and more snow! With more on the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...