Saturday, September 18, 2021

A FINISH AND ALMOST FINISHED!

 Another bowl is finished-I will be trying a different style soon; 

 one more is my plan for these square bowls first, though.

I completed both tops from the Quilts for Kids kits;

working out the mitered corners on the striped inner border on the one.  The fabric matched on one end but I was unable to match it on the other---I stopped stressing over it and just sewed it!  It looks fine.

And the Jar Collection quilt is off the frame and ready for its binding.

A new bowl and binding will happen but I really want to put the machine knitting sweater back on track.  It has been reduced to a bunch of yarn cakes--not a fashion draw right now!

1 comment:

  1. I never mastered the mitered corner. I have tried every trick I could find but mine are still ugly. I just square off my ends like my great grandmother did. It's not pretty but it works.
    The M&Ms look very pretty in you new bowl. They wouldn't last long around here....lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...