Saturday, September 4, 2021

WRAPPING UP LOOSE ENDS

The Country Woods quilt has been sewn back together--I am pleased with both the size and the arrangement this time!  Now it is   41"  x  50" and a bit more interesting!

This is what it looked liked before I upgraded it!  Small and plain!

 I bought the rest of the paint I needed to finish the hall from the dining room to my studio, so I also painted yesterday!  It was too gloomy to take a picture by the time I finished (it rained all day!) so I will get one today for tomorrow's post.

 But I also did a bit of this during rest times!  I need to make one more of this block for this month's installment and 3 more of a new block!  I do find I have to look at what I am doing more with crochet than with knitting which forces me to listen more than watch yet sometimes, you have to look up to see what is going on! A bit challenging but fun to conquer a more complicated stitch!

5 comments:

  1. I like the added sashing. It does make all the difference. Those crochet blocks are so pretty. All those color changes are so interesting. I have no idea how they are done. Crochet is such a mystery to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The update to the quilt was definitely worth it. It is more dynamic.
    I love those crochet squares. Crochet has come a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the color combo of your crochet squares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a difference the added details made on the quilt. Beautiful! The squares are so pretty and detailed too. New stitches are always fun. I'm crocheting a baby blanket in different colors than I've used before. However, a new puppy is taking up most of my time.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! What a difference it makes adding the additional borders around the quilt! I can see why you wanted to change it. It really pops now. Nice crochet squares.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...