Monday, September 13, 2021

KNITTING AND RE-KNITTING!

Early on Saturday, I knit the yoke and sleeves of this new sweater idea.  It is a hand knitting pattern that I am converting to a machine knitting project.  Something was bugging me about it and after doing something else, I came back to it and realized I forgot 40 rows at each sleeve end--I had to rip it all out and started again!  It went a lot faster the second time! lol
The ends have waste yarn which I removed and picked up the stitches so I could add the ribbing by hand.
(did you notice the little hole on the center bottom of the knitting?  I did;  it is a dropped stitch that is now mended 
and 99% invisible, I am glad to say!)
 The ribbing is finished and I have picked up the neck stitches and started knitting it in the round for a rolled edging.  When I finish that , this morning I will be placing the front on the knitting machine to then knit and then the back of the sweater. 
 The seaming will be a nice relaxing project for this afternoon! 
 Here's hoping there isn't any more re-knitting!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty color! I can't imagaine transferring a hand knit pattern to a machine knit one. You go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just amazing! Arne and Carlos were just talking about the color work Norwegian sweaters that are knit on machines. I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frustrating! My knitting has been going very well and I hope it stays that way. I don't want to have to do any re-knitting - I'm getting close to my deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start on the sweater! I haven’t picked up my knitting needles in months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That sweater is zooming aong, even with re-knitting it.
    Sorry I'm so late in commenting. Between the puppy getting up 3 times at night to go potty and my MIL's 85 birthday, I've been exhausted and just trying to put one foot in front of the other. To top it off, Dennis is in Spokane again for work. He's home this afternoon. Hallelujah!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...