Wednesday, February 28, 2024

BON VOYAGE

I think it was the easiest trip we've ever taken to visit daughter and family!  Travel was light the whole way.
I managed to finish the knitting on the shawlette/scarf from the superwash wool I had spun.
We always approach Atlanta with much trepidation but it was also light traffic!  Hooray!
We used the EZ Pass from Florida and stayed right in the pay lane and passed by the 6 lanes of crazy traffic heading north out of Atlanta and laughed at the ease of the 8-hour trip for us!  It was so good to hug my daughter and family in person--
I haven't done that in over a year!!!!! 
 Today, we will hang out, talk laugh and rest up !


 

9 comments:

  1. Safe travels and enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Have a safe trip and fantastic visit! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that shawl and the new socks! Have a great visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it safely! We've driven through Atlanta too many times to count, but the memorable trip was the time a yacht was off its transport and stretched across 4 of the 5 lines at the time. That was a very long delay. Way before cell phones and GPS maps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time away… love your shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so good to see you upright in the car. I know you'll have a wonderful time with your family. I've never driven through Atlanta, but if was anything like the cities we drove through last month to get to the cruise I can sympathize. We drove through Dallas, Ft. Worth, Oklahoma City and Wichita and managed to catch them all at rush hour. Yikes!
    take care of yourself. We're still trying to get better too but it's a slow process.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...