Sunday, February 18, 2024

JUST GARTER STITCH LOVE

Kate of The Last Homely House says this pattern for homespun yarn is not really a pattern because you just cast on 1 or 3 stitches and then increase in the first and last stitches of every row until you run out of yarn!!!!  So I used the yarn I had just spun last month which is 200 yards of DK weight in Merino/Silk blend.  I used a #9 needle and used all but about 25" to make this scarf!
It is so soft!  Just right to keep your neck warm when the weather hits a chilly spell again with lots of rain! 
(That is If I was up and about which I am not! lol)
I walked to my raised bed garden and picked some radishes and baby green beans!  I chopped them up and put them in a salad for lunch.  Since my stomach has been tender, I used a mild vinegar/oil dressing and enjoyed it immensely!
 

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love Kate? I find her videos so soothing. She has such a realistic attitude about all this crafty stuff that helps unwind me when I start taking it all too seriously. Your salad looks delicious. Nothing better than homegrown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little scarf. Sometime the simplest patterns turn out to be much worn loves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea for a scarf and off to find Kate of The Last Homely House ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...