Thursday, February 22, 2024

COMBINING TWO LOVES

I dug out a favorite straight skirt pattern and took measurements of the length and width of each piece. 
 It will be lined, with a zipper and no waistband.   
And why is there a heddle sitting in the front of this picture? 
Because I am going to weave the cloth to  make this skirt!!!!  I dug out a bunch of wool --not sure I am going to use the rose yarn but it might make a good mix using only one strand at a time in the cloth.  I figured out how many threads to get the width I need and how long the warp needs to be.  I could do the figures but not enough oomph yet to warp the loom.  I am hoping to do it in a few days!  Until then, I will just keep watching YouTube! lol  
I did find this skein in the bin of handspun but I knew it was superwash and that wouldn't wash the same as the 100% wool so I grabbed it and cast on for another easy scarf like the teal one I made last week.  Garter stitch is just my speed!

 

6 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to seeing this skirt project come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....that's going to be an epic project! My little loom is very narrow-just wide enough for scarves or towels so I'm limited. I wish I had room for something wider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors. I am looking forward to seeing you model this skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are up a little more than before. I hope it continues. Love the idea for the skirt material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, can't wait to see how this turns out! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...