Thursday, November 9, 2017

Excitement in a Box!

 A box of yarnish goodness has arrived!  I even bought some of the newer Foursquare needles.   A pleasant surprise is the new cables;  very flexible.  I can't wait to use them.
 This is what has caught my eye-a new texture stitch cardigan!
I have nailed the first swatch for this; 
 there are two , one for stockinette stitch and one swatch for the texture stitches.
   I nailed the first swatch but can't get the second.  
 I will keep trying because I want this to fit me when I am done!  
 It's all good.
      Looking straight out my window is a lovely area filled with the Roselle plants, all in bloom!
And not too far from them is the 20 foot Cassia plant that is in full bloom!
It will stay in this glorious coloring until the frost might strike-we are hoping that will skip us this winter!
Our breakfast visitor-some kind of moth and it is beautiful!
On to swatching!

7 comments:

  1. Nice color choice for your sweater. Flexible cables are a must for circular needles. I don't know how knitters in the 50s and 60s managed with the stiff cables.

    I love your breakfast visitor. The boys must have loved seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay yarn goodness! And yay for warm temps, please keep them around as we hit Daytona on Saturday. I am so looking forward to temps above 50!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TWO gauges swatches. ? What are they nuts? Good for you, seriously

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing is better than a box of fun from Knit Picks! I am going to have to look into those needles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mail presents are the best! I just got my last parcel in the mail for a while. Time to put the credit card away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is a Common Buckeye ( https://www.butterfliesandmoths.org/species/Junonia-coenia ) So pretty and you got an amazing photo of it.

    Good luck with your new sweater project.

    Love your flowers too. We are about to have a hard freeze so no more pretty flowers outside for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of the pretty nature-pictures in this post! You’ll have to tell me about your new needles. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...