I got to accomplish some knitting while flying to visit my parents in NY.
Mom and I started right in on a project today. We layered plastic beads in cake pans and then we baked them.
After cooling, we had Dad drill a hole in the top
and hung them outside for suncatchers.........so when it stopped raining, we could see it shine in the sun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A GOOD DAY TO STITCH WITH FRIENDS
I had a great time at QOV (quilts of valor) sew day yesterday; I even came home with some 'homework'! This is a pile of 3 1/2...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
What a colorful post! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteJust any plastic beads? For how long and at what temerature?
ReplyDeleteLove the suncathers! Are you going up to Buffalo area? I want to go up to NY so bad but have to pay for a wedding this year, ha ha!
ReplyDeleteHow many minutes lapsed between the plane touching down and you guys starting your first project?! :)
ReplyDeletethey let you use knitting needles on the plane? I was worried that they'd be confiscated, so I kept my knitting in the suitcase (but the flight only lasted 2 hours)... I used to do those colourful thingies with some granular stuff that could be bought together with those little forms - but the plastic smell in the house was awful, so I didn't buy more of the stuff once I had used up the bags... enjoy the stay - and have fun with all your "together-projects"!
ReplyDelete