Skein two and three totaling 477 yards of fingering weight yarn is spun for the Tour de Fleece. The Targhee is very springy and soft. I will be knitting some fingerless mitts out of this next month. I have reached my goal of spinning at least the number of miles of the race each day in yards of yarn.
I also did some knitting to continue my lessons in Brioche knitting. It required a bit of ripping out and reknitting but I found my rhythm again! It sure is pretty and cushy for a scarf!
And while it was raining beautifully outside, I accomplished some dyeing for tomorrow's spinning fiber for the race-this time with a specific project in mind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BINDING X 2
This quilt was one of the layer cake designs; 58 x 66". This one was a kit that my friend had cut out but asked me to put it finish f...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
So, I did it! I know, I've made 100's of pairs of socks but this is a new construction and it really used a lot of brain cells but ...
you already spun two hanks - I haven't even started the race (and I don't think I'll join now, same as last year really, where I missed the first week and never caught up:() and your dyed colours look "swedish" in the pic:) happy spinning!
ReplyDeleteBrioche is something I have been wanting to try, but it sounds like it needs to wait for a time when I can concentrate on it.
ReplyDeleteThe Targhee looks wonderful. Those mitts will not be easily lost with that color!
Dyeing, spinning and knitting - sounds heavenly!
The scarf gets prettier and prettier the longer it gets! I love that you are always challenging yourself and expanding your skillset...
ReplyDelete