Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day Four of the Tour de Fleece

 Skein two and three totaling 477 yards of fingering weight yarn is spun for the Tour de Fleece.  The Targhee is very springy and soft.  I will be knitting some fingerless mitts out of this next month.  I have reached my goal of spinning at least the number of miles of the race each day in yards of yarn.
 I also did some knitting to continue my lessons in Brioche knitting.   It required a bit of ripping out and reknitting but I found my rhythm again!  It sure is pretty and cushy for a scarf!
And while it was raining beautifully outside, I accomplished some dyeing for tomorrow's spinning fiber for the race-this time with a specific project in mind!

3 comments:

  1. you already spun two hanks - I haven't even started the race (and I don't think I'll join now, same as last year really, where I missed the first week and never caught up:() and your dyed colours look "swedish" in the pic:) happy spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brioche is something I have been wanting to try, but it sounds like it needs to wait for a time when I can concentrate on it.

    The Targhee looks wonderful. Those mitts will not be easily lost with that color!

    Dyeing, spinning and knitting - sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarf gets prettier and prettier the longer it gets! I love that you are always challenging yourself and expanding your skillset...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...