Wednesday, October 2, 2013

It's Called Life

 You never know how a day will unfold!  We had made plans last week to go and have a sewing day with Ashley and then when Bill woke up, his foot was hot, red and swollen....we had to go to the doctors and they put him on a new antibiotic for inflammation/cellulitus.  The fun just keeps going with his feet.  We did make it to Matthew and Ashley's later in the day, had a good visit while Bill elevated his foot.  After playing with Will for a while, we decided to go out and eat.  I got to snuggle Will in his pj's just before bed when we got home!  I love to see him growing up so!  See how well he is doing walking with his push toy  He does put up a racket when he bumps into something and can't keep moving!
 Today, I wrapped up the delicious smelling lavender batch of soap today while Bill did a lot of napping!
I also finished this cowl from Purl Bee and had some left over yarn which I split up and decided to knit up into a pair of fingerless mitts to match!  This is the lamb's wool I processed, dyed, spun and saved from a few years ago.  I revamped a pile of yarn, put them in big baggies with the pattern for which they are intended and feel like I have a good knitting line-up waiting for me!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Will looks waaaaaay too grown up like that! Oh how time is flying by!

    That soap sure is pretty. I love the flecks of lavender in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that cowl is lovely.

    So sorry for Bill! How scary.

    And I do love the baby picture. Before you're ready, he'll be RUNNING everywhere and you'll consider putting a leash on him for his own safety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hm, once they start going, there's no stopping the wee ones:) and it looks like you've got winter all covered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's good thoughts for Bill. My finger is slowly healing, but I bumped it hard yesterday and worried all night that it would be swollen this morning. It's fine. What a worry wart I am.
    Lavender soap, nice! And cute baby picture! That one is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww... look at his little baby legs! So cute! Are you selling that soap?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! How's the foot now?

    Love your soaps -- they look so good, I'd definitely want to buy one (though perhaps not lavender -- it generally gives me a headache!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...