Saturday, April 6, 2019

Live! On Stage!

 We had a relaxing day waiting for our big hour yesterday.
I did a bit of knitting on the Gizeh Top and found I had one skein with a different dye lot.
 There isn't a big color difference
 but if I were to change skeins in the middle of the front, for example,
it would have a definite line of demarcation;  not what I want.
 A simple two row with each skein is a minor inconvenience to blend the odd skein in!
So far so good!
 Finally, it was time to head to our dinner reservation at Benihana;
a Japanese restaurant with an artist preparing your meal right in front of you!
We had a delicious meal with the best of company!
 Then it was time to say goodbye to the guys and we headed into downtown Atlanta!
 To the Fox Theater!
And enjoyed the Broadway presentation of Rodger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella.
Employing a bit of a Google search, we found out that I was 9 when I watched the tv broadcast 
and first fell in love with this musical.  
While the Disney movie came out in 1950, I didn't see it until after this 1965 airing on tv.  
Each has its own place in our hearts!
  So I have seen the little screen, big screen (drive-in) and now stage version of this fairy tale!  
We've made a three generation memory -  precious!

7 comments:

  1. I remember the Lesley Ann Warren musical on TV. It was a big deal back in the day. I also remember eating at Benihana's way back when. It was a favorite place to go to back in my college dating days. What fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great great photos!!!!! so good to see you all. And any live performance? YES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was 4 when the Lesley Ann Warren version came out, so don't remember the original airing, but it was the only one I knew for years until I saw the Disney version. I love the TV version!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special day! Lovely memories made...and even snuck in some knitting:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I literally still smile every time I think of our special night out! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...