Saturday, April 27, 2019

Throw up Your Hands in Defeat!

It hasn't been a successful week on the knitting front.
The lace turned out pretty for the hemline of the coral linen Gizeh Top.
 The body of the knitting not so much-this is 5' of knitting and I am only to the armholes!
Someone's math is off!
I ripped it all out down to the hem again-twice.
 This time I made it all the way to the bind off and it is large but that is supposed to account for the shrinkage--I don't feel good about how this is turning out.  
And last night when I started the next part of the chart-I found out I was doing the 'every other' row wrong.  I decided that I will just do it right on the next section and not worry about the first 20 rows.
I am not doing any more ripping out today.  

I am going to piece the sampler quilt top and leave the knitting out of the equation today! 

8 comments:

  1. I've had that happen with hand knitting and it's not fun. That's one advantage with the machine-you know you've got a boo boo sooner than later. It is pretty though. That hem is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coral yarn is pretty and will make a nice sweater. Walk away from the machine and work on your quilt. Time-out is what the project needs right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are dealing with health and knitting issues! You need a vacation from it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some days!
    I hope things are going better today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty pattern for the hemline. I tried a knitting machine once. I returned it. Enough said. Ha! I hope things are progressing smoother now.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes naughty projects just need to spend some time in "time out". Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the coral yarn is beautiful, at least...! (Glad you have since conquered it!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy the quilting and let the knitting rest in time out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...