Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Marley-Another Sweater Success

             
I saw this sweater in an email from Berroco; 
 it is a free pattern on Ravelry, called Marley.
If a pattern has a schematic, it is pretty easy to come up with the numbers you need whether you are going to knit it with the machine like I did or if you want to knit it by hand with a different gauge yarn from that called for in the pattern. 
 (a good sized swatch is a must not just an option--it is your tool to find the right 'numbers'!)
 The yarn I used was Premier DK Colors, a non-pilling acrylic in long color repeats.
It has a good hand --I washed it in the washer but laid it out flat to dry for the first time-
I'm not sure if I will ever be tossing it in the dryer , to tell you the truth!
 This top has a very modern feel with the tabard appearance in the front and back 
and 3/4 length sleeves with a 1" hem. 
 I knit a two inch hem for the bottom of the sweater for the weight and structure there.
I did do a one inch garter edging for the neckline by hand.
(Garter and the knitting machine are not best friends)
Oh, I am on a roll with completing these sweater ideas--
it is the very reason I wanted to learn how to use this knitting machine!

8 comments:

  1. That sweater is so much fun! I love the fit. Most knits are too clingy for me but that looks nice and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I couldn’t figure out who in the world was modeling the sweater for you — duh! Lol. Nice colors for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS a cute sweater! I'm off to look at the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. I love the wide stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful.

    How many sweaters have you done on the machine so far? Seems like quite a few to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! You're giving that machine a real workout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is fabulous!! You are definitely getting the hang of this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...