Wednesday, April 17, 2019

New Neighbors?

 Neighbor Millie gifted me this bird house. 
  It is a General Store in all of its roadside glory!
 It really is very complex and interesting to admire--heavy, too,
 so it will withstand weathering.
 But this side is the clincher--it advertises Handmade Quilts!
 I couldn't wait to hand it out front in the Cassia Tree!
I would love it if it attracts a bird family but even empty, 
it is a great addition to the front garden!
 In the studio, I cut the strips for the sashing for the sampler quilt.
Soon I will have a top to quilt on the frame!
And to prove I really finished this sweater;
it has buttons and has even been washed and dried!
It is a size 3-6 months infant sweater.  
I have two new projects ready to hit the machine needles next!

9 comments:

  1. The birdhouse is just darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute birdhouse! The little sweater is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooh!!! I love that birdhouse!!! It's soooooo cute!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! But how small are the quilts it sells?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have new tenants soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. The buttons are beautiful
    THE BIRDHOUSE IS SO CREATIVE. I love the final touch with the quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The birdhouse is adorable. I've never had good luck attracting birds to the houses I've hung over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun birdhouse! I hope a cool bird makes it a home. Cute sweater. too. That's an interesting sampler; some of those blocks look very complicated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...