Monday, April 8, 2019

Sideways Cardigan is a FO

The Sideways Cardigan KAL is coming to an end on Wednesday
 and I managed to finish it before the deadline!
I couldn't have done this, if I waited until I arrived home on Tuesday evening!
It was knit using an acrylic boucle' in fingering weight yarn.   (1200 yards)
It felt like it took as long to seam together as it did to knit it!
(I might be exaggerating because it is more fun to knit than it is to seam!)

I used a crochet hook to make a chain stitch (slip stitch) 
to attach the double layered band to the front of the sweater. 
 Likewise, the hems of the cuff and sweater bottom were turned up
 so the purl side was used for contrast. 
 I also used the crochet hook to chain stitch these in place.  

The overall look is perfectly matched to what I designed at the start 
so I'd say it is another machine knit success!
  This is why it is important to join in on knitalongs 
so you are pushed to try things you would never attempt on your own!
(Thank you, Sue, of Knit It Now!)

9 comments:

  1. Looks great! The color is really good--will work for spring and fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out VERY nice!!! You are going to have a VERY full closet!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out great. Looks like a "wear with EVERYTHING" sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out just perfectly!!! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful finish! I predict this will become a favorite to grab to chase off the chill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sweater! Great finish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful job! I love the detail of the crochet finishing, even if I can't stand crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is nice to see an FO on the blog that I saw happen in person for a change. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...