I pieced all of the sashing into their positions.
It was a good diversion from the naughty knitting.
I even loaded it onto the quilt frame
and then stitched the first row.
And then I got out the manual again for the Knit Radar and found my mistake.
Not to get too technical, but I had not switched the button from 1/4 scale (the poncho I made
last week) to the 1/2 scale drawing this top was drawn up as!
No wonder it was 50" long and not 25"!
And then as I went over every bit of my schematic and the gauge numbers
I saw that I had made another foolish mistake, I had the carriage tension set to a different number than the one I used for the swatch!
Once that mistake was rectified, I ripped out everything
and set to work making this top one more time!
It is working just fine now!
Look at this Hibiscus bloom!
It matches the sweater or the socks I am working on!
This is a large flower-10' across but alas, no scent.