Tuesday, November 9, 2021

OH, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING...

I woke up feeling good yesterday--it was such a surprise and freed so much weight from my steps!  There is nothing like weeks of incredible pain to make you appreciate only mild pain!
I loaded the the Quilts of Valor onto the frame.
  (The backing is the double wide fabric so I loaded it on the frame and it is big enough for both tops!)
I am using a simple star and banner panto
 in red thread for the first one. 
I will see what kind of mood I am in when I get to the second!
After doing a few passes on the quilt, it was time to pack up and head to quilting group at the community center.  
I pieced this much of the flannel scrap quilt--
I tried to lay it out to display it when Lena decided to help... 
she immediately pawed the top into a pile 
and tried moving it toward the edge of the table!

She was happy when I removed it and decided to brush her instead--which was what she wanted in the first place!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, our cats certainly do spice up our lives! I love her pricked ears…you can feel her hopeful attitude even through the photo! Good thing you figured out what she was telling you…ha! (Thankful that you have some relief.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats!!! Glad you had a better day pain-wise. Hoping today is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear you are feeling better. Of course you get more done than anyone I know, feeling bad or not...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that it was a better day for you. I've been praying for you. Lena just wanted your attention. You had played with quilts long enough. Now it's HER turn!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear you’ve found relief from the pain. Nothing wears a body down more than pain. Being able to back both QOV with the wide back is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're feeling some better! That QOV is gorgeous! Kitties are very helpful, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better... love the quilt on the frame! I hope Lena will help you quilt it too :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...