Wednesday, November 10, 2021

WOOD ON WEDNESDAY

I  began to shape this bowl last week and then couldn't work on it for a bit.  It is very dried out so it was very dusty as I was turning the wood--I sure had to gear up and that isn't comfortable!
It took a few hours yesterday to hollow out the inside, too.  Likewise dry but there were lots of open areas 
and that requires a bit of finesse!
You can see the two rim areas with bug damage that left voids.   But the spalting and coloring of the wood made it worth every chip and bit of dust I had to protect myself from!
Even the outside has some beautiful natural adornment! 
 The final bowl will be ready for its beauty shots in a few days!
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wood. Could you oil it a bit to make it less dry? Or would that interfere with the lathe work? This one looks maybe to be a little bigger than other ones you have made?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! Every time I'm impressed by the beauty of the items you make. This bowl is lovely. I love the colors and the chips and hollows.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love seeing your bowls!! And the recent quilt finishes are wonderful. Reminds me I have a baby charity quilt to finish. But after my "baby's" stuff is done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...