Tuesday, November 2, 2021

GOOD START TO THE WEEK!

Our quilting group is meeting again every Monday, I am glad to say.   It is so nice to meet with other quilters!!!  Unfortunately, my portable machine misbehaved and I had to sew the seams a second time and some a third before I figured out what the problem with the bobbin thread was!   I was able to laugh instead of cry because there were friends nearby!
When home, I finished the front honey dipper out of oak from my daughter's tree so it is going to her!  I can't wait to make another;  it is fun to play with different designs!
And I have a commercial to do for you---I ordered these crochet hooks from Amazon hoping they would be easier for me to hold because the place for you thumb is soft yet the hook is still made of metal.  Well, they are wonderful!  I'm so glad I have bought this set which comes in this little bag with a few other accessories.  If you are looking for an upgrade, here is the link.


 

7 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to be able to get together with friends again, isn't it? Those crochet hooks are so pretty and colorful and I love the bag - it's almost enough to make me purchase and I don't really crochet!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always looking for better crochet hooks so thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see our oak tree “reincarnated”! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great start!! LOVE that lighthouse fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my friends purchased a similar set of crochet hooks and loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have the same hooks but didn't get that very cute bag with them. Darn! That quilt is so cute but I'm sorry you had machine problems. I hope it's all figured out now. Those dippers are so cool. It boggles my mind how you make all of these things.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...