Friday, April 1, 2022

3 FINISHES!

My friend, Summer, came to visit yesterday 
and she said let's get doing!  I will be your hands!
  No Fooling!!!!!
Boy, did we have fun! 
 She has nagged asked repeatedly to learn how to make soap, so I dug out my soap recipe called Grocery Store Goat's Milk Soap because it is from ingredients you have on hand
 (well, all but the lye but Bill bought some for us at our local hardware store!).  We had so much fun making it but she was disappointed when I told her it had to wait to be cut in 24 hours!  I told her I  would bring her some bars in a few days, if she promised to let it cure for 6 weeks!  It is scented with Lemongrass essential oil so it smells wonderful in my home!
After lunch, we then tackled the back seat of the golf cart;  it had been ripped and the plywood underneath had to be replaced (thanks Bill).  We had the vinyl cut and stapled in no time and then Bill screwed it right back in place!  I only have three more sections to do!  (I recovered all of the seats on the old golf cart but it was sold and so I get to do it again on the 'new' one!)
Once Summer headed home, I finished the last 12" on the baby quilt so today I hope to bind it!

It was nice to be tired from doing last night 
instead of tired of doing nothing! lol
 

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm, I remember the wonderful smell!! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a busy day! And a fun one. I love the scent of lemongrass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALWAYS more fun to do something with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure accomplish a lot for a person with a hand and a half! Lol!
    I can smell that soap from here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I wish I had an extra hand when I make soap. It does take more than two sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that sounds like a wonderful day. The cart and the quilt both look nice and I can just imaginet the smell. Dennis, Zoey and I just got back from a nice long walk at the cemetery. I think we walked about 2 1/2 miles. It's so beautiful there and very quiet. There were a couple of other older couples there walking too. We had planned to go to the zoo but by the time I took Mom grocery shopping and then fixed some lunch for us all it was starting to get later than we planned. My sister is coming over for dinner so I didn't want to be gone too long. It is nice to have family so close.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...