Thursday, March 31, 2022

DRIVNG ON THE NEW FRAME!

It felt so good to load up a quilt on the 'new' frame! 
 I still had a lot of going from the front and back but I had lots of room to move around and the quilting moved along beautifully!
I used a simple meander for this donation quilt 
which was a good introduction for my right hand.
Prior to the quilting frame work, I did some 'surgery' on my brace.  With the bandaging off, the brace didn't fit wel anymorel.  I made it shorter on my forearm and used the heat gun to warm up the material so I could cut and shape it as needed!
It went very well and now my thumb is protected and held straight so that tendon will have a chance to heal!  And at the same time, the fit on the rest of my hand/arm is comfortable, too! 

(FYI, the knitting and crocheting will have to wait until I have a functioning thumb....it was worth the try.)

6 comments:

  1. Nice job on the brace! Glad you could test drive the new frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! I often quilt with only one hand on the wheel so to speak! It's easy when you are just meandering or loops - more complicated patterns still require both hands

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sure it felt good to be “driving” the quilting machine again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the quilting went well and that you know you have a craft to turn to when you want to. knit or crochet.
    Way to go in making your brace more comfortable for you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back to being busy I see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoop Whoop!!! I love it! I tell you - you are very handy (pun intended) on working on things like you machine, your brace ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...