Sunday, March 6, 2022

TUNISIAN MARCH BLOCK

 This is my favorite block yet!  It is called the purl stitch block.
  It requires a bit more manipulation of the working yarn as a purl stitch when your knit continental but I am enjoying it immensely!  It's a good thing I am enjoying it because I goofed when I had done two inches and had to rip it back to row one 
where I had added an extra stitch! lol 
 I stuff the hook in my brace and then I can work for almost an hour when I have to give it a break
 but I am still happy to have yarn in my hand.
(Knitting is still impossible-that thumb does more than I realized when knitting!  Who knew!?!)

5 comments:

  1. How clever! Thumbs are very important when knitting. I found that out the hard way when I slammed mine in the car door years ago. You can use long straight needles and stick them under your arm but dbl points and circulars are out of the question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so admire the ways you've found to sew and knit while injured. I love your most recent quilt. And I'm glad to know that Tunisian knitting is an option!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 13 rows completed on my block and I have to agree that it's my favorite so far too. However, for some reason it hurts my hands and makes them ache. It may be because our weather has gotten much colder and damper the past few days. I've been crocheting a row or two and then working on my cross stitch, alternating between the two. It seems a good solution and I have the rest of the month to get it done! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true - you really don't think about how many muscles and tendons are working when you do small things. The body is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A hear that! I just cast on a cowl with some Andean Silk from Knit Picks. SOOOOOOOO soft!! I'm in heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...