Tuesday, March 1, 2022

ONE HANDED AGAIN

I used my sweeper to do floors, threw in a load of laundry and then did some bills and pre-op paperwork.  I was a bit discouraged to have the date of the surgery two weeks from now; the 17th!  The dr only operates twice a week.  My hand hurts non-stop like it did when I first broke it.  Not only the thumb but using any of the other fingers sets off pain in the wrist where the tendons all converge.  You know how one thing hurting sets off others.  I am ready to talk of something besides pain.

I finished the other strip sets and cut them up a single layer at a time and then added one border and then the other.  I felt ready to give in and rest after that--if I am going to have pain no matter what, I might as well get an hour or two of something done that brings pleasure to the rest of me!
 

8 comments:

  1. So sorry about your constant pain. Sending healing wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! I am so sorry to hear of your setback. The little quilt is adorable. I can't believe you are still struggling through with all that pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the quilt is looking great. I'm so sorry about the pain. Hopefully these two weeks fly by for you! But the 17th is St. Patricks Day so maybe that will bring you some luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Connie, I'm so sorry that you're having so many setbacks. I'm praying for a cancellation so othat you can have surgery sooner rather than waiting for the 17th.
    The little quilt is darling and I can't believe that you're doing all of that with your left hand. I can't eat with my left hand, let alone cut out a quilt!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh!! I hate pain so much!!! but I am amazed that you keep pushing thru!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope that two weeks goes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terribly sorry that you have so much pain in your hand/wrist. Waiting for surgery is difficult, especially when you can avoid pain. Thinking of you and praying for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ache for you! Wish I was closer to at least help you do something. Prayers will continue for healing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...