Saturday, March 12, 2022

TUNISIAN BLOCK #3

The March block is completed; I know that I will not be able to do anything for a long while after surgery
 which is why I wanted to get it done while I could!
Here is the Purl Stitch--notice it doesn't roll at all!  
I did have to block it to make it the 12" size
 that it is supposed to be.
I placed the ruler on the damp block, put the weight on it
 and left it overnight!  It worked beautifully!
I enjoyed the stitch so much; I started a small dishcloth (7")
 while at pre-op tests today.
It is Spring as far as these two are concerned!  They bring bits of twigs and grasses and leaves and put them in all of the plants on my porch!  See them on the cactus?
Here you go!  I think they are Carolina Wrens! 

5 comments:

  1. You’re right on those being Carolina wrens. We have them, too, and they are so perky and have a beautiful song! Maybe you can oversee me blocking my squares while I am there? It has been a while since I’ve blocked anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty square!
    Your yard looks like a tropical paradise in those photos. We are expecting snow today. Can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little birds.
    You know, I wasn't enjoying the block at all this month. Then I realized that I hadn't really enjoyed doing any of them. As much as I hate to quit, I thought about the fact that life is too short to spend so much time on something I really disliked doing when there is so much I WANT to do. So, I'm bowing out of the CAL but I'm sure going to enjoy watching yours each month.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tunisian crochet looks like it makes a good scrubby cloth.

    When is your surgery? Are they fixing the tendon. I know I should know this, but I wasn't sure. In any case, hope all goes well and that you heal up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever birds: they know they’ll be safe in the cactus. Best wishes on your surgery - praying for it to go smoothly and for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...