Wednesday, March 23, 2022

SOLO

Look at the incredible handmade book that I received in the mail from Kim. It is exactly my colors and style!
She used watercolor paper for the pages so I can start drawing and adding touches of color to my heart's delight. 
(perhaps in a little while, that is)
since my precious Georgia Peaches had to head home, 
Bill drove me about an hour away to have a customized orthotic designed for my hand. It felt good to remove the cast and the old bandages; having your hand bathed gently by someone else felt incrediblly good!

The new brace is lightweight and sturdy. It holds that thumb at just the right angle so that the tendon can heal. I can still move all of my fingers to do my daily exercises, and it's even easier to swing my arm for my elbow and shoulder exercises!
Unfortunately, I can't take it off to shower until the stitches are out which is another week away. So Bill will have the fun job of wrapping up a grocery bag around it and using duct tape to seal it up against my skin! LOL

10 comments:

  1. So pleased you have something specially made for you that is going to give your healing maximum chance of success. Gentle caring human touch is so powerful, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of the one we had made for my son when he was 11 after he had chest surgery to repair some misshapen ribs he was born with. He had to wear it for a year to protect his new chest. He thought it was cool. The surgery itself...not so much. I don't think my nerves ever recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is strange to switch back to reading your post in the morning instead of laughing out way through the creation attempts ahead of time! 😁 The brace looks great…so glad you don’t have to lug the plaster one around any more. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you could get the cast off and have something a bit more comfortable for your arm & hand. I remember well having to "bag up" my foot after foot surgery when heading to the shower. I never managed to keep it completely dry. Kim is so talented, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let the healing begin! Now, behave yourself and don’t try to do things that will set you back, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks a lot more comfortable than the cast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heal fast! that is an interesting cast....

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite the contraption. I remember having to wrap bags around broken bones and even my pacemaker incision. Not very handy. Take care and get better soon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had to wrap Steve's whole arm in a kitchen garbage bag. Getting that secure, but away from his arm pit was a challenge. There were a few days he smelled a little funky. :-( Glad THAT is over.

    I'm sure you'll be glad too. The orthotic looks a lot more comfortable than a cast would be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...