Friday, April 15, 2022

PIECING TRIUMPH

Against all odds, I finished piecing the rest of the top!  And then when I stood back looking at it on the design wall, I groaned!  See what's wrong?!  
There was nothing for it but to rip our
 and exchange the two apple core shapes!
The left side fourth from the top piece is wrong, too, 
but that is because I ran out of that fabric
 not because I goofed! 
Now to think about the borders...
 

5 comments:

  1. Every quilt is a learning project for me. Hang in there. Pretty blues in your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be stupid because I've looked and looked but can't figure out what went wrong but I'll take your word for it. I know you know what you're doing...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hope it was a fairly easy fix and didn't require too much seam ripping. I looks great now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty quilt, and nicely pieced! Did you use the Accuquilt die? I made one with the die a few years ago, and having the notch in the center really helped with sewing the curves. Glad the ripping wasn't too terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness!!
    But! it is so pretty - and.... you are back to fabric ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A SWEATER IS OFF THE NEEDLES!!

A sweater finish!   The pattern is Derecho by Berroco, Size 5 needles,  Lion Brand Shawl in a Ball yarn held together with Jubilee Yarn Minn...