Friday, April 8, 2022

TORNADO RAIN!

I pieced the last five rows which now have to be sewn to each other!  I hope to do that today.
Early yesterday, it became as dark as night when our phones and even Alexa called out a tornado warning!  We headed to my room with the storm closet!  We watched windows for a funnel while the rain came down and the lightening and thunder crescendoed!  After 20 minutes, it went so quiet, it was eery!
Bill had cleared the driveway of debris but after the rain...
...the storm had downed a ton of the Live Oaks' seeds!
  What a mess!  Wait until tomorrow to see how the 10+" of rain has done to the pond!

 

5 comments:

  1. The quilt still gives me the same impression — a dock piling in each corner and the lovely water moving around them! Glad the warning only delivered rain and time by the closet (and a mess outside) and nothing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!! What a storm. We had rain and thunder storms, but nothing like that...thankfully...glad you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about the storm. I know how scary tornado warnings are and the destruction just the wind and rain around them causes them can be terrible.
    The quilt is beautiful as always, I love the colors and the shapes.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good golly! That must have been terrifying. Ever since I saw the Wizard of Oz as a kid I've had a terrible fear of tornadoes (and flying monkeys). When those warnings come in, I'm in the basement in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is A LOT Of rain coming off the roof.

    We had 3+ inches last night. The creek is running high and muddy today.

    We were out by the Delaware River and it must have been low tide. The river wasn't high at all. I did notice the township had barricades in the parking lot though. I'm assuming they thought it would flood last night.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...