Saturday, May 13, 2023

A TA-DA!

Mary finished her quilt on the frame!  Almost everything that could've gone wrong did but we powered through all the trials and at the end of the day, it was off the frame and ready for binding!
The quilting still gave it texture even though this has not batting only minky fabric on the back! Mary made it for her granddaughter and will gift it to here soon!
I finished arranging this quilt which is the  Presto Change-O pattern  but I renamed it the Fractured Four Patch!  I will be making more-they are a truly fun blocks to play with for a quilt.
I saw this pattern today and decided to giveit a try!  We have missionaries from Africa coming next week to church and so I will be making two of these mug rugs to take home with them-in case you need a hint, it is an orange!
I will be layering and quilting today-I have picked out the back and the binding (top fabric) for them.
I will leave you with this beautiful calla lily--the stem is 24"" tall!
 

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo for the finish! I had no idea you could quilt something without batting. You learn something everyday. The mug rugs are adorable. What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finish! Love that calla lily; they are so pretty. Cute mug rugs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both quilts and the mug rug! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLAYING WITH BLOCKS!

Both tops for the QuiltsforKids are finished now!  A good, fun mix.  I will load them right up to quilt them and get them sent back to be gi...