Friday, May 5, 2023

REPAIRS

This batch of rocks was interrupted by a stretched belt that no longer drove the shaft to tumble the rocks!  I had to wash out the barrels and got a sneak peak at them--these are the granddaughter's rocks from Washington!
The rocks are going to be so pretty!  
I had to take the tumbler apart to get the old belt off to order a replacement which will be here Monday.

Today, I am going to sew and putter to my heart's content--
I get to stay home today! 
 My eye is improving so that it isn't painful,
 just a bit achy which is a huge improvement! 
 I might even work at the lathe after I put my goggles back on! lol
 

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, goggles would be a very good idea! Have fun whatever you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some real beauties there! I do love a pile of pretty rocks.
    Happy to hear the eye is on the mend. That must have been so scary. I'm always so worried about getting lye in my eyes. On one of my last batches I realized halfway through that I had forgotten my goggles. It really freaked me out that i would do something so dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty rocks. I'm so glad to hear about your eye feeling better. That had to have scared you. I'm so tired. I have 11, 298 steps on my fitbit right now. I still have three empty boxes to fill up tonight. Where did all of this stuff come from?
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...