Wednesday, May 24, 2023

DONATION TIME

Today at quilting group, we filled 10 bags with lap quilts, a book and a new teddy!  These bags go into our local police cars to have on hand for any emergency involving a child.  (5 for boys and 5 for a girl)  We will doing another installment next month. 

I worked on the other half of the  last project's log and made a shallow bowl!  It just needs some finish to be applied and I will be calling it done!  (Hickory, 11' across)

And the new rock tumbler is up and running and WOW, is it quieter!  The other one sounded like a bunch of rocks in a metal garbage can!  This one is a quilt swish sound--we are impressed! 
 

7 comments:

  1. How generous of you all to make those bags. As someone who knows first hand how traumatic it is for a child to deal with a parent that is always on the wrong side of the law, those bags could be a real life saver. My dad was a real rip snorter when he was young and I have vivid memories of being alone and scared while the adults sorted his latest shenanigans out. Being a teenage parent in the 50's was not easy for him-or the rest of us. Lucky for us he grew out of it....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EMS and the police department appreciate those donations. Kudos to your quilt group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the sister of two former EMT's and daughter of one too, I know how appreciated those bags and similar ones are. The poor kids always seem to be caught in the middle during times of crisis. Thank you all for doing this.
    The bowl is going to be beautiful with that grain and edge.
    I have no idea how a ROCK tumbler can be so quiet but I'm glad it it!
    Thanks again for the pattern link.
    Bessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet those little bags bring real comfort - what a wonderful program

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

QUILTS FOR KIDS . ORG

I almost finished the girls' kit at quilting group yesterday.   Isn't it sweet?  The fabrics coordinate so nicely,  even if I am not...